Thursday, August 13, 2009

Guilt is a funny thing

So I am sitting at my computer surfing around, checking my email, looking at Facebook. It's 4 in the afternoon. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth. I am still in my pajamas. So is Ryan. I have been doing laundry, but my goal of cleaning both bathrooms is still that, just a goal. And I am feeling guilty. Guilty that the house is a mess. Guilty that I am a mess. I see a friend of mine from Olympia has responded to a post of mine on Facebook. In her post she suggests to me that I "friend her sister" and that I should check out the blog that the two of them do together, http://domesticatesophisticate.blogspot.com. So I mosey on over and start reading their blog. It's all about how you can still be cute and stylish and be a stay at home mom. There's even a little FAQ on the left about how not to be frumpy. Remember, I am reading this IN MY PAJAMAS! At 4 in the AFTERNOON!!! I feel like a schmuck. The author talks about how getting dressed and putting on make up and doing her hair is a priority for her. She does it for herself, for her husband, for her son. She cares for them and she cares for herself for them. I AM IN MY PAJAMAS. Immediately I sprint to the shower. I brush my teeth. I put on non pajama-y clothes. I want to go shopping. I want to wear lipstick and earrings. My son comes in and does a zerbert/fart thing on my arm. Okay, well, I may not be cute and stylish, and I may have zerbert slime all over my arm, but at least I am clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment