Friday, January 1, 2010

Pokies

So when Ryan got his stitches he called them pokies. They were poky. Little black knots with little black ends poking out. You know the kind right? Black, flexible like thread, but thicker and super heavy duty. Well the pokies are long gone and we are all happy about that. But, man this kid has a brain like a sponge. So last night we were snuggling in the rocking chair and I had my legs crossed with his feet tucked in the middle under them. I was wearing some capri length yoga pants and so sitting like that, my calves were exposed. With his little feet and toes gently moving back and forth across my leg, he stiffens suddenly. He turns to me and asks, "Mommy, why do you have pokies on your legs?" Needless to say, I shaved my legs this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are writing these moments down! I wish I would have. You think you will remember all the cute things that they say and do, but as one day blends into the next, you forget.
    My firstborn turned 18 a few weeks ago. It is sad to say, but I can hardly remember what life was like when he was three.

    Keep it up, Tiff. And print these out every couple of months and keep them in a book. Who knows what will happen to these websites in years to come!

    ReplyDelete